Skip to content →
Selected Journal Articles
- “Operational Efficiency and Patient-Centered Healthcare: A View from Online Physician Reviews”, with Dong-Gil Ko, Zhe (Jay) Shan, and Dawei (David) Zhang, accepted by Journal of Operations Management, 2019.
- “The Effect of Online Reviews on Product Sales: A Joint Sentiment-Topic Analysis”, with Xiaolin Li and Chaojiang Wu, Information & Management, 56(2), 2019. [download]
- “Deep learning models for bankruptcy prediction using textual disclosures”, with Shaonan Tian, Chihoon Lee, and Ling Ma, European Journal of Operational Research, 274(2), 2019.
- “Model-Based Capacitated Clustering with Posterior Regularization”, with Michael Fry and Jeffrey Ohlmann, European Journal of Operational Research, 271(2), 2018. [download]
- “How Does Social Media Impact Bitcoin Value? — A test of the silent majority hypothesis”, with Qing Bai, Zhe (Jay) Shan, Xin Wang, and Roger Chiang, Journal of Management Information Systems, 35(1), 2018. [download]
- “A Big-Data Approach to Understanding the Thematic Landscape of the Field of Business Ethics”, with Ying Liu and Chris MacDonald, forthcoming at Journal of Business Ethics, 2018. [download]
- “Supply-Chain Performance Anomalies: Fairness Concerns under Private Cost Information”, with Fei Qin, Michael Fry, and Amit Raturi, European Journal of Operational Research, 252(1), 2016. [download]
- “The Journal of Consumer Research at Forty: A Historical Analysis”, with Xin Wang, Neil Bendle, and June Cotte, Journal of Consumer Research, 42(1), 2015. [download][web appendix]
- “Database – Market Dynamics and User-Generated Content About Tablet Computers”, with Roger Chiang and Xin Wang, Marketing Science, 33(3), 2014. [download] [data] [software]
- “Measuring Corporate Culture Using Machine Learning”, with Kai Li, Rui Shen, and Xinyan Yan. [SSRN]
- “Predicting Insider Trading from Financial Text: An Interpretable Deep Learning Approach”, with Rong (Emily) Liu, Zhe (Jay) Shan, and Ying Wu